The COVID-19 pandemic has changed all of our lives and has had a significant impact on dentistry and dental professionals. We are closely following developments and continuously updating our policies and protocols in adherence to guidelines from the Provincial Health Officer, the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, and the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia. You will notice some changes in how you are scheduled and greeted for your appointment, such as:
- Prior to your appointment, you will be given a form to fill out in order to screen for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors.
- You will be asked to wear a mask to your appointment. If you do not have one, one will be provided upon arrival.
- We will provide you with hand sanitizer.
We have altered our waiting area and patient care protocol via:
- Restriction of waiting room seating to ensure proper social distancing (2 meters = 6 feet).The maximum capacity is 3 people.
- Clear barriers between patients and administrative staff.
- Increased time between patients to allow for more intensive cleaning, sterilization, and air filtration.
- Limiting visitors to only those with scheduled appointments and their escort/guardian (if required).
- Offering virtual consultations (when feasible) to decrease your need to leave your home.